Celeriac (celery root) and potato mash
A healthy combination of flavors that is perfect to serve with dishes like my braised red cabbage.
Celery root, besides funny looking, is a beautiful vegetable with a nutty, celery-like taste. When cooked it takes on a little sweetness which goes nicely together with mashed potatoes.
Celeriac is also a nutritional powerhouse! It’s packed with fiber and vitamins K, B6 and C. It’s a great source of antioxidants and important minerals, like manganese and potassium.
This celeriac and potato mash recipe is everything you love about mashed potatoes, but just upgraded to be more healthy. Simply a delicious side dish.
Loving this dish? Try out some of my other recipes too:
Spinach feta spring rolls
Green beans in Indonesian coconut sauce
Thai red lentil curry
- 400 gr floury potatoes, cut into chunks
- 800 gr celeriac, peeled and cut into chunks
- Knob of butter
- Boil the potatoes together with the celeriac in water with a teaspoon of salt until tender.
- Drain, add a knob of butter and mash well with a potato masher.
- Season with salt / pepper / nutmeg.
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.