This easy 3-ingredient almond marzipan recipe is delicious and egg-free, making it suitable for vegan food lovers. The marzipan tastes nutty, sweet ( but not too sweet) and the texture reminds me somewhat of that of cookie dough. It should come as no surprise that marzipan is one of my favorite holiday sweets!
During the holidays, especially in December, Dutch supermarkets are filled with delicious marzipans of all shapes and colors. I had always bought my marzipan in the supermarket until I figured out how easy it was to make it myself!
Marzipan is very versatile too. You can make little marzipan balls and roll them in cacao or you can incorporate it in an apple pie, cookies etc. Another big plus is that most of the time your homemade marzipan costs way less than a store-bought marzipan, and it tastes exactly the same (or better)!
I hope you’ll love this easy almond marzipan recipe as much as I do.
More holiday recipes?
– Cinnamon pinwheels
– Easy chocolate biscuits tower
This easy 3-ingredient almond marzipan recipe is delicious and egg-free, making it suitable for vegan food lovers. Yield: about 250 gram.
- 125 gr raw almonds, unprocessed with skins on
- 110 gr powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- ¼ tbsp lemon zest
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add raw almonds and boil them for 40 seconds.
- Drain the almonds and rinse with cold water. Remove the skin and dry the almonds completely (with a dishcloth), and discard the skins.
- Combine the almonds and powdered sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process until the nuts are finely ground. Add lemon zest and water and process again until combined.
- Remove the almond paste from the processor, knead a bit and shape into a log.
- Wrap it in a plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use* (see the note).
I prefer to let the marzipan rest for at least 1 hour before eating, for the flavors to meld.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram!
Tag @lazyhomecookk and hashtag it #lazyhomecook
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.