No-bake Marie biscuits tower cake with chocolate and coffee
This extremely easy-to-make Marie biscuit tower cake is the perfect balance between milk chocolate, coffee and biscuits. It’s a no-bake dessert and tastes amazing! It tastes almost like tiramisu but has way less calories in it. You could consider it a “guilt-free” dessert.
The biscuits that I used for this tower cake dessert are Marie biscuits. Marie biscuits are made with wheat flour, sugar, palm oil or sunflower oil and are typically vanilla-flavored.
Did you know that the Marie biscuit was created in London bakery in 1874 to commemorate the marriage of the Grand Duchess Maria Alexandrovna of Russia to the Duke of Edinburgh? The Marie biscuit was a big success and became popular throughout Europe. Until now it is still a very popular biscuit and I don’t know any big grocery store in The Netherlands that doesn’t sell Marie biscuits.
Anyways, I thought it was about time create a dessert made of these delicious biscuits! This no-bake Marie biscuits tower cake with chocolate and coffee looks luxurious and is perfect to serve when having guests for dinner. This dessert will definitely WOW your guests, and everybody will think that you have spent a lot of time on this biscuit tower. If only they knew how easy it is to cook it!
Are you planning to cook this dessert, but there are no Marie biscuits available? Try using Rich Tea biscuits instead! Those biscuits are pretty similar to Marie biscuits, so I believe they will be a great substitute.
Loving this easy dessert? Check out my Cinnamon pinwheels and Healthy banana oat cookies too!
- 25 Marie biscuits + 4 biscuits extra for decorating
- 100 ml milk
- 100 ml coffee (medium to strong) + 200 ml lukewarm coffee
- 20 gr milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 8 gr vanilla sugar
- 0,5 - 1 tsp cacao powder +extra for decorating
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- Optional: (fresh) whipped cream
- Add all the ingredients, with exception of 200 ml lukewarm coffee and Marie biscuits, into a saucepan. Slowly bring to a boil while stirring.
- When the sauce has the consistency of custard or a thicker yogurt (this will take a couple of minutes) remove from heat and let it cool down.
- Then, pour 200 ml lukewarm coffee into a clean and deep plate.
Dunk a biscuit into the lukewarm coffee (for about 2 sec), and cover one side of the biscuit with the chocolate/coffee sauce.
- Put the biscuit on a plate with the sauce looking upwards. Repeat this step while building the biscuit towers, consisting out of 5 biscuits each. Make sure to put the biscuit towers on a plate that’s big enough to fit into your refrigerator.
- When towers are built, refrigerate for 1 hour*
- Decorate with cacao powder and Marie biscuits crumbles, and serve with (fresh) whipped cream (optional).
*You can easily make the biscuit towers a day in advance too.
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.