Cinnamon Pinwheels (easy & quick)
Warm puff pastry with cinnamon sugar and butter. Perfect to serve during the Christmas holidays! This cinnamon pinwheel recipe is easy, tasty and so simple.
Although they make a perfect Christmas snack, I like to eat these cinnamon cookies the whole year round. I really ¨suffer¨ from having a sweet tooth, so I often find myself baking these cinnamon cookies in the evening and enjoying them together with a cup of tea while watching Netflix.
My husband, on the opposite, likes more savory stuff, but the first time I made these cinnamon pinwheels he ate the whole batch in one go!
Really guys, once you start eating them it’s difficult to stop.
Loving these cinnamon pinwheels? Check out my Christmas wreath too!
- 4 sheets puff pastry (I used Koopmans 12 x 12 cm per sheet), but you can also use one big sheet, about 180 gr, rolled out into a square of roughly 1mm thick)
- 30 gr butter (melted)
- 200 gr granulated sugar
- 1,5 tbsp cinnamon powder
- Defrost the pastry dough sheets at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together on a separate flat plate.
- Brush one side of the puff pastry sheet lightly with melted butter and coat the puff pastry with the cinnamon sugar by gently pressing it into the cinnamon sugar on the plate OR simply sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the puff pastry sheet.
- Then, turn the puff pastry sheet around so that the sprinkled side faces down and repeat step 4. You can skip this step if you want it less sweet.
- Roll up the puff pastry from the end nearest you, reasonably firmly, until you have come to the end of the roll. You now created the cinnamon pinwheel shape.
- Cut the rolled-up puff pastry into about 1.5 cm - 2 cm thick slices.
- Place the slices onto the lined baking tray, leaving about 1.5 cm between them, and bake them for 15 minutes, or until puffed up and golden brown.
- Leave to cool and enjoy!
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.