Mini sausage / hot dog Christmas wreath (pull apart)
With little effort you can make this beautiful sausage / hot dog Christmas wreath! It’s easy to make, tastes amazing and will look beautiful on any party table. Also, everyone always loves mini sausages/hot dog rolls, and this tear-and-share version will make the best party centerpiece! Decorate it with some fresh basil leaves and cherry tomatoes and it will look like a piece of art.
It’s seriously the perfect Christmas wreath for your get-togethers, and I’m sure you’ll WOW your guests with this beautiful pull apart sausage / hot dog recipe.
My experience is that the moment I get these beauties into the oven, everyone will come flocking to the kitchen, ready to grab one as soon as they are cooked.
I’m sure you’ll experience the same. Bon appetit!
Loving these Christmas wreath? Check out my cinnamon pinwheels too!
Mini Sausage / Hot Dog Christmas Wreath (pull apart)
With little effort you can make this beautiful sausage / hot dog Christmas wreath! It’s easy to make, tastes amazing and will look beautiful on any party table.
- 4 sheets of thawed puff pastry (12 cm x 12 cm)
- 16 cocktail-size wieners or smoked sausages
- 1 egg
- Fresh basil leaves
- Cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp apple vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C.
- Place a 6-inch (15 cm) plate in the center of a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into 4 equal pieces of 6 x 6 cm. In one corner of the dough, 1 cm from the edges, make a cut with the shape of a 90° angle. Do the same for the corner diagonally opposite. The sides of the cuts are approx. 2 cm.
- Then, drain the sausages, and place each sausage in the center of the squares with the long sides facing the cuts. Fold the outer edge at the top left and bottom right over the sausage towards each other, allow to overlap and press.
- Spread the sausage rolls around the plate. Let the sides of each sausage roll overlap a little and gently press together. Then remove the plate.
- Beat the egg and brush the puff pastry with the egg. Bake in the middle of the oven for 12 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and place on a serving platter. Decorate the wreath with basil and tomatoes.
- For the sauce: mix ketchup and sugar. Put in the microwave (10 sec) and stir until sugar has dissolved. Then add vinegar.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram!
Tag @lazyhomecookk and hashtag it #lazyhomecook
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.