Healthy Spinach oatmeal pancakes
These pancakes are made of healthy oats and vitamin-filled spinach. They are tasty, quick and easily made in the blender. You can serve them with any topping of your liking. I love to add something sweet on top of the pancake (yeah, i have such a sweet tooth), but you can go with something savory as well.
My baby boy really loves these spinach pancakes and eats them with great pleasure. So if you’re a mom and you’re struggling with giving veggies to your kids, just give this spinach pancake recipe a try. Hopefully your kids will love these pancakes as much as my baby boy does
I made these healthy pancakes dairy-free, but you can use regular milk too. Spinach pancakes are great for breakfast, as a snack or lunch.
Loving these pancakes? Then you’ll love my Dutch pancake recipe too!
- 2 eggs
- 150 gr packed spinach
- 120 gr oats (old fashion or quick)
- 100 ml soy milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Add all the ingredients into the blender and blend on ¨high¨ until a smooth batter and the spinach is broken down into small flecks.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a bit of butter or oil to coat the skillet. Wait until hot. Slightly lower the heat and take out your ladle.
- Take enough batter to create the pancake size you desire, and cook until the sides start to dry and there are bubbles appearing on top. You can lower the heat if it gets brown too quick. To speed up the process I like to put a lid on the pan.
- Turn the pancake around and cook until the bottom starts to brown and the pancake is cooked through.