Spinach soup with crispy bacon
A healthy and creamy soup made of spinach and potatoes, served with some crispy bacon and spring onions on top. Just a luxurious and warming bowl of goodness.
This spinach soup with bacon is deliciously creamy but yet healthy thanks to the high nutritional value of spinach. Also, it’s fancy looking but actually really easy to make with just a few ingredients! This smooth and blended soup will be perfect to serve when entertaining dinner guests, making a great starter or an ideal light lunch.
It’s an inviting soup for winter, but it can also be cool and invigorating, which makes it a perfect soup for the summer time too.
Although I have never really enjoyed eating soups that much before, over the years that started to change. Now I make soups on a pretty regular basis, and I love to experiment with the ingredients I use. At first, I found it a bit scary to make such a bright green spinach soup, but it turned out looking amazing with the toppings. Also, the combination of spinach, spring onions and bacon is just so good, so why not combining them in a soup, right?!
Believe me, if you find it a bit scary to make such a bright-colored soup, don’t be! It’s healthy, tasty, looks amazing and absolutely worth it!
This easy spinach soup will definitely blow your mind!
- 60 gr spring onions (+ extra for decoration), cut into fine rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 90 gr leek, finely chopped
- 200 gr potato, small cubes
- 800 ml chicken stock
- 120 gr bacon, chopped
- 300 gr spinach
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium/high heat and cook the bacon until golden/brown and crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute spring onions, garlic, leek and potato for about 3 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let it simmer for 10 - 15 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the spinach and stir until leaves wilt, about 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat, use a hand blender and blitz into a smooth soup. Season with salt/pepper.
- Serve with a scoop of creme fraiche, spring onions and bacon on top.
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.