Easy Chinese beef stir-fry recipe
Tender and juicy beef in Chinese savory/sweet sauce with spring onions. This beef recipe is definitely better than any Chinese takeout beef I know. And the beauty is that you can easily cook this beef recipe in the comfort of your own home!
The homemade Chinese sauce is rich and slightly sweet, and together with the melt-in-your-mouth beef and spring onions it’s just such a heavenly combination. This Chinese beef recipe is relatively easy, while its taste is just so addictive.
I love to make this homemade beef recipe on a regular basis. It includes ingredients that I find delicious together. The spring onions also give an amazing flavor to the dish, so please always include them when you can!
Serve the Chinese beef with a bowl of plain rice, and you’ve got yourself a delicious restaurant-quality Chinese beef dish!
Easy Chinese beef stir fry recipe
Tender and juicy beef in Chinese savory/sweet sauce with spring onions. This Chinese beef recipe is definitely better than any Chinese takeout beef I know. And the beauty is that you can easily cook this beef recipe in the comfort of your own home! Yield: 2 servings
- 300 gr steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 big garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp ginger (5 gr), minced
- 120 ml soy sauce
- 120 ml water
- 100 gr brown sugar
- 2 stalks spring onions (65 gr), cut into 5 cm strips
- Place the sliced beef into a bowl, and stir the cornstarch into the beef, coating it thoroughly. Allow the beef and cornstarch to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add oil to a skillet and cook the ginger en garlic until they release their fragrance, about 30 sec. Then, pour in the soy sauce, water and sugar. Raise heat to medium/high and let it boil for 5 min. while stirring. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat a layer of oil in a deep skillet. Shake excess cornstarch from the beef slices, and drop them into the hot oil, a few at a time. Fry for about 2 min, until the edges become crisp. Make sure to fry both sides.
- Remove the beef from the oil, and allow to drain to remove excess oil. Pour the remaining oil out of the skillet, and return the pan to medium heat.
- Pour in the sauce and add the spring onions. Bring to a boil and cook until the spring onions are tender, about 3 minutes. I put the lid on the skillet in the meantime, while stirring from time to time.
- Then, add the beef to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Serve with rice.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram!
Tag @lazyhomecookk and hashtag it #lazyhomecook
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.