Thai red lentil curry with spinach and pumpkin (Vegan)
This Thai lentil curry is nutritious, creamy and completely vegan! The coconut milk adds subtle sweetness to the curry and gives it a luxurious and creamy texture.
I ate many curries in my life, and this is one of my all-time favorites! It’s a quick red lentil curry (only 30 minutes) and the color of the red lentils with spinach and pumpkin looks beautiful on your plate.
You can serve this curry with rice or my Indian naan. It will make a great vegetarian meal.
No pumpkin? Use sweet potato instead. It’s really tasty too!
Tighten your apron and start cooking. Enjoy!
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp (Thai) red curry paste
- 250 ml vegetable broth
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 130 gr diced pumpkin
- 130 gr dried red lentils
- 40 gr spinach
- Salt to taste
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet or large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook until the onion turns golden/brown.
- Add the red curry paste and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, lentils, coconut milk and pumpkin. Cook till tender, about 8 min. Stir occasionally and add a bit of water (if needed) to create the consistency that you like.
- During the last 3 minutes of cooking, add the spinach.
- Taste the curry and add salt/pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice or my Indian naan.
- Cooking time depends on the lentils you use. The lentils that I used are small, so they cook quick.
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.