Easy cinnamon caramelized almonds
Crunchy caramelized almonds with a subtle hint of cinnamon. Almonds are ready within 10 minutes and have this glossy coating, that’s simply gorgeous! It’s an irresistible nibble that can be enjoyed as a snack or as a salad topper.
I like homemade caramelized almonds more than cinnamon caramelized nuts one can find at the mall, fair or Christmas market. They are super easy to prepare with only 4 ingredients, including the almonds themselves. Of course you can decide to omit the cinnamon if you like your almonds without it, the taste will still be delicious!
By the way, if you are searching for a treat to share during the holidays, this one will be a great option! I’m sure that people who tasted these almonds will start asking you about the recipe… at least I would 😉
Loving this easy recipe? Check out my Cinnamon pinwheels and Marie biscuits tower too.
- 75 gr whole raw almonds (unsalted & unpeeled)
- 30 ml water
- 50 gr granulated sugar
- 0,5 tsp cinnamon powder
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, combine water, sugar and cinnamon.
- Place the pan over medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a boil while stirring.
- Once the syrup is boiling, add almonds and stir non-stop.
- You’ll notice that the sugar starts to crystallize around the almonds.
- . Shortly after that, sugar re-melts and starts caramelizing, continue stirring.
- Once sugar is completely liquid and there are no sugar crystals to be seen anymore, remove from heat.
- Pour the almonds (carefully hot!) out on the baking sheet, and use a fork to separate the almonds from each other while the sugar is still liquid.
- Let the almonds cool completely, and then break into pieces and serve!
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.