Dutch pancake recipe
Of course we all know the famous American pancakes, but did you know that we Dutchies have a similar tasty pancake too called pannenkoeken? It’s a cross between a French crepe and an American pancake. We love to eat pancakes in The Netherlands. We stuff them with all kind of sweet and savory stuff. Sometimes even a mix!
My favorite pancake is the one with fried bacon and pancake syrup. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it. Haha, guess many will find me a weirdo now.
Anyhow, today I’ll share with you my Dutch pancake recipe. It’s really the best pancake recipe out there! These pancakes turn beautifully golden, stay deliciously soft, but yet slightly crunchy on the sides. The pancakes are easy to make and very, very tasty.
You can eat pancakes for breakfast, lunch or even dinner when stuffed with something savory. Believe me, kids will love them and you will too. You definitely can’t go wrong with this Dutch pancake recipe.
Please let me know if you tried out my recipe. So curious how you liked it!
Loving this recipe? Try my healthy spinach oatmeal pancakes too!
Dutch pancake recipe
These Dutch pancakes turn beautifully golden, stay deliciously soft, but yet slightly crunchy on the sides. Kids will love them and you will too! You can’t go wrong with this Dutch pancake recipe. Yield: 12 pancakes.
- 60 gr butter
- 500 ml milk
- 250 gr all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Oil or butter
- Heat a small pan over low heat and melt the butter. Remove from heat the moment the butter has melted.
- Put the eggs, sugar, salt, milk, flour and melted butter in a big bowl. Mix until smooth with your electric hand whisk.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a bit of butter or oil to coat the skillet. Wait until hot.
- Slightly lower the heat and take out your ladle.
- Use just enough batter to coat the pan with (about 80 ml) and swirl it around.
- Cook the pancake until it gets dry on top and detaches from the pan. Should take around 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden.
- Remove from pan and repeat the same with all the pancakes
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram!
Tag @lazyhomecookk and hashtag it #lazyhomecook
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.