Cream cheese frosting (lump-free)
This is the BEST cream cheese frosting ever! It’s fresh, creamy and modestly sweet. It pairs beautifully with many pies, cakes and cupcakes like my delicious carrot cupcakes and my banana (chocolate) walnut cake.
This recipe will give you a soft cream cheese frosting which holds it’s shape. But if you want a thicker cream cheese frosting, just add more sugar. You can easily double the amount of sugar.
Another trick for a thicker cream cheese frosting is to add a tablespoon of cornstarch, mix, taste and add one more if needed. Your frosting will get more thick without extra sweetness!
Believe me guys, this cream cheese frosting is so easy to make and really delicious. Enjoy!
- 50 gr butter (room temperature)
- 100 gr full-fat brick cream cheese (like monchou)
- 130 gr powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Cream the butter very well in a big bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, salt and powdered sugar to the bowl. Mix until well combined and creamy.
- Ta-da! Start decorating your completely cooled down cake and/or cupcakes.
- Cream the butter very well to avoid lumps.
- Still got lumps? Put the frosting in the microwave for 10 sec, take out, mix and repeat until the lumps are gone. Be carefull though. The frosting should not get too hot.
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.