Cherries dipped in dark chocolate
Just imagine: juicy, sweet and fresh cherries covered in a crunchy and thin layer of aromatic dark chocolate…yeah, it’s as tasty as it sounds! These healthy chocolate covered cherries (with no added sugar!) are great anytime a chocolate craving strikes. Oh, and have I already told you that the recipe whips up in only 10 minutes?! Seriously, why limit yourself to chocolate dipped strawberries, especially when cherries are in season? Believe me, these cherries are just as good!
This two-ingredient chocolate covered cherry recipe looks impressive, but is so super simple to make! Just make sure that when you are making chocolate dipped cherries, you use fresh and ripe cherries. You do not want them overripe, you want them just at the perfect sweet spot stage.
By the way, if you fancy some cherries with an alcoholic kick…I’ve been told you can soak cherries in liquor before covering them with chocolate. Just poke a couple of pinholes around the stems and soak overnight in, for example, orange flavored liqueur like Grand Marnier. Pet dry and follow my recipe below for cherries covered with dark chocolate.
By the way, these cherries – just like my cookie tower and wine jelly cocktail – are a great dish to serve during the holidays like Christmas!
- 25 cherries with stems, rinsed and pat completely dry
- 50 gr (about 2 oz) 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- Put the chocolate in a small, dry and heat-resistant bowl.
- Bring 2.5 cm (an inch) of water to a simmer in a wide skillet.
- Set the bowl directly in the skillet and keep the water below a simmer.
- Stir until the chocolate is entirely melted, and remove from heat.
- Dip the bottoms of cherries in chocolate and let excess drip off.
- Transfer the cherries to a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.