Russian salad with imitation crab meat (crab sticks)
Juicy crab sticks, creamy rice, crispy mais, fresh onions and hard boiled eggs. This Russian crab stick salad is super easy to make and so tasty!
I got this recipe some time ago from my mother in law. She served this imitation crab meat salad at one of her parties, and I right away loved it! The color of the crab stick salad looks beautiful on the plate and it’s such a crowd pleaser.
I was surprised about the little ingredients that go into the crab stick salad and how easy it’s to prepare. As you all know, I love easy and tasty recipes, so I started making this Russian salad recipe at home and serving it at my parties too.
You can easily make this Russian imitation crab meat salad ahead and it stores perfectly in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- 400 gr crab sticks
- 125 gr mais
- 2 eggs
- 1 small white onion
- 125 gr white rice
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 250 ml mayonaisse
- Handful fresh celery leaf (optional)
- Cook the rice and hard boil the eggs. When cooked, let it cool down.
- Finely chop the onion. Cut the crab sticks into little pieces and smash them with a fork. Put both in a large serving bowl.
- Open a can of mais, drain the juice and add to the serving bowl.
- Peel the eggs and smash with a fork. Add the eggs and rice to the serving bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, salt and finely chopped celery leaf (optional) to the crab stick salad and mix until combined.
- Taste and add more mayonnaise if needed.
- Chill before serving.
- This crab stick salad asks for great mayonnaise, so make sure you use one of your favorite jars.
- Regarding the rice, the way you cook your rice doesn’t really matter. Just make sure you don’t overcook it. The rice should still have a bit of body:)
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.