Roasted red cabbage wedges with orange dressing
An easy side dish that’s so delicious! Fresh red cabbage cut into slices, brushed with olive oil and roasted until crispy, slightly caramelized and tender. To finish them off, the wedges are generously brushed with a flavorsome mix of freshly squeezed orange juice, honey, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Such a tasty way to prepare red cabbage!
I just happen to LOVE cabbage! I don’t care if it’s a white cabbage or red…I just love the taste. I think it’s delicious even when very simply prepared. Braised red cabbage and Russian stuffed cabbage rolls are one of my favorite recipes. There are also many good reasons to eat cabbage! For example, did you know that red cabbage has more vitamin C than oranges?
But back to the roasted red cabbage wedges recipe. You’ll find that roasting the cabbage will elevate this vegetable to a whole new level. Roasting vegetables in general really brings out their natural sweetness and offers a depth of flavor that sautéing often can’t.
Enjoy this delicious and vegetarian side dish!
- Cabbage wedges:
- 1 head red cabbage (about 800 gr), outer leaves removed
- Olive oil
- Zest from 1 medium orange and the juice (about 30 ml)
- 0,5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut cabbage vertically into quarters and cut each quarter in half to equal 8 wedges (important to leave core intact).
- Generously brush cabbage wedges with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange cabbage wedges, cut side down, on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Then, carefully flip cabbage wedges and bake for 15 - 25 min more until the edges are browned enough for your taste.
- In the meantime make the dressing. Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until combined and season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Place the red cabbage slices on a serving tray, generously brush with the orange dressing and serve immediately.
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.