Caramel coconut thins
These caramel coconut thins are too good to be true. They are crispy, buttery and taste like caramel with a hint of coconut. Seriously so good!
The caramel coconut thins are easy to make and require regular ingredients. I made these cookies some time ago and they turned out delicious. My husband and I ate almost all of them in one go.
You can enjoy these caramel coconut thins together with a cup of tea or milk. You can also surprise your guests with these ultra thin cookies…they will love it!
Try them out and let me know how you liked them 🙂
- 50 gr butter
- 50 gr light brown sugar (or 25 gr white and 25 gr dark sugar)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 40 gr all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180˚ Celsius.
- Add butter, sugar and honey into a pan and stir over low heat until the butter has melted. Don’t let it boil.
- Turn heat off, let it cool down for two minutes and add the flour. Stir until combined.
- Let the mixture cool down until you can form small balls*.
- Take 1 full tsp of the mixture and form little balls.
- Put the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet, about 8 cm apart**.
- Sprinkle a bit of shredded coconut on top of each ball.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until golden/brown.
- Take them out and sprinkle some shredded coconut on top when still hot.
- Let them cool down completely and serve.
- *The mixture will not get hard, so don’t worry about it cooling down completely.
- **The balls will melt into thin cookies.
- You can store the coconut thins in an airtight container for about a week.
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.