Carrot cupcakes recipe with cream cheese frosting
This is my all-time favorite carrot cupcake recipe! The cupcakes always turn out so fluffy, tasty and moist. They contain fresh shred carrots and just the right amount of spices. Follow the recipe, and these carrot cupcakes will not let you down. I promise!
Don’t forget to top them off with my cream cheese frosting though. This frosting pairs beautifully with these delicious carrot cupcakes, my banana (chocolate) walnut cake and many other baked goods. The cream cheese frosting is ridiculously easy to make and so yummy! You should definitely try it out.
You can easily make these carrot cupcakes in advance. I still remember serving these delicious carrot cupcakes together with the cream cheese frosting for my gender reveal party. They were such a major hit. I made the cupcakes one day in advance and stored them in an airtight container. Worked perfectly!
carrot cupcakes recipe with cream cheese frosting
This is my all-time favorite carrot cupcake recipe! The cupcakes always turn out so fluffy, tasty and moist. Yield: 14 cupcakes
- 160 ml oil
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 160 gr all-purpose flour
- 150 gr granulated sugar + 50 gr brown sugar
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk or water
- 170 gr carrot
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Grate the carrots with a hand grater, set aside.
- Mix the eggs and oil together in a big bowl. You can use an electric mixer for this.
- Add the flour, white/brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to the egg mix, and whisk until well combined.
- Add the milk, vanilla and grated carrots. Mix until combined.
- It should be a thick batter now.
- Take the cupcake liners and fill each cupcake liner 1/2 full.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs.
- Let the cupcakes cool down completely before decorating with my cream cheese frosting.
- This recipe can easily be doubled to make 28 cupcakes
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see pictures of your creations on Instagram!
Tag @lazyhomecookk and hashtag it #lazyhomecook
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.