Savory rice patties recipe
Pan fried, crispy and savory rice patties that are packed with fresh cilantro, garlic, red onion and grated cheese. Vegetarian rice patties are easy and quick to make, and are so flavorsome! This is definitely one of the most delicious ways to use leftover rice… and all you need are basic ingredients! By the way, I highly recommend using this grater while grating the cheese. I use it for a long time and it stays sharp!
We had an overabundance of fresh cilantro growing in our garden, so these savory rice and cilantro pancakes looked like something delicious to cook, but little did I know they would be so tasty! They are now a new hit with my guests, and take only 30 minutes to cook.
The savory rice and cilantro patties make a delicious snack, just like these Italian meatballs. The patties also work great as an appetizer, or side dish with meat, vegetables and fish. But I love to serve these patties as a snack with a fresh dipping sauce like homemade garlic sauce, soooo yum.
Anyways, give these leftover rice patties a shot. I’m sure you’ll love them.
*This post may contain affiliate links.
- 300 gr (2 1/2 cups) cooked rice (I used basmati rice, but pick your favorite)
- 0,5 red onion, finely diced
- 1 big garlic clove, minced
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 tbsp grated cheese, about 45 gr (I used Gouda cheese)
- 40 gr cilantro (1 small bunch), finely chopped
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.*
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and place 1 full tablespoon of the rice mixture into the pan.
- Flatten each patty with the back of a spoon and fry until golden/brown on both sides.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve as you wish. Enjoy!
* For grating the cheese I highly recommend using this grater. I use it for a long time and it stays sharp!
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.