Protein smoothie with peanut butter, yoghurt, chocolate and banana (the best breakfast shake)
Banana, chocolate and peanut butter… is there a better combination?! This protein smoothie is simply delicious, tastes just like a milkshake, but is healthy instead. So you’ll have best of both worlds all in one smoothie.
This smoothie works great as a quick breakfast thanks to the ingredients and the protein. So if you wake up with a sweet tooth, and have a spare 5 minutes, try this protein smoothie out! You can also easily turn this smoothie into a dairy-free smoothie.
Do make sure you use frozen bananas for this smoothie recipe though, because this gives the smoothie the perfect thickness. So buy some bananas, break them in little chunks and put them in the freezer.
- 100 gr banana chunks (frozen)
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 120 ml (soya) milk
- 2 tbsp yoghurt (optional)
- Protein powder (optional)
- Some chocolate chips to decorate (optional)
- Add all ingredients (except chocolate chips) to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses, decorate with chocolate chips and enjoy!
- I use unsweetened peanut butter for this recipe, so if your peanut butter has sweetener in it you can omit the honey.
- Make sure that your blender is strong enough to cut through frozen elements.
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.