Homemade kebab with fresh herbs
Today I share with you my favorite homemade kebab recipe. These kebabs are herby, aromatic and juicy.
Kebab, kefta or kofta, is a Middle Eastern dish and is basically minced meat which has been pressed gently on a skewer. You can grill these kebabs for a smokey flavor, put them on the barbeque or cook them in a skillet.
Either way, it’s all delicious! Of course you can skip the whole skewer part and cook/grill them as a meatball, but I like the way these kebabs look on a skewer…they look so pretty:)
Try them out and serve the kebabs with a fresh sauce like my homemade garlic sauce with yogurt and my sweet potato chips and/or sweet potato fries. You will love it!
PS: don’t forget to comment.
- 500 gr minced meat
- 1 tsp smoked capsicum powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 5 tbsp fresh mint
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley
- 0,5 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs + 4 tbsp water
- Take a small bowl and add the breadcrumbs and water. Mix until combined and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Finely chop the mint and parsley.
- Take a big bowl and add the meat, the breadcrumb mixture and the remaining ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Divide the meat mixture in 8 equal parts and shape each around a long skewer.
- Cook until fully cooked, around 6 minutes.
- Serve with my homemade garlic sauce with yogurt.
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.