Easy MEATBALL snack RECIPE
Are you ready for some ridiculously easy, juicy and flavoursome meatballs? Then you should definitely give my meatball recipe a try!
What often makes the difference between an ordinary meatball and a “chef worthy” meatball is the bite. The meatball should be deliciously juicy and moist. I’ve tried many different meatball recipes and eventually created my own foolproof recipe.
The secret of these super moist meatballs are the breadcrumbs. Yes, just the ordinary store-bought breadcrumbs. Believe me, this secret will change your life!
The meatballs make a great snack by themselves, but you could also finish them up by simmering the meatballs (after baking) in your favorite pasta sauce.
- 250 gr ground beef
- 250 gr ground pork
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs (15 gr)
- 60 ml milk (or water)
- 0,5 onion, diced
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tbsp herbes de Provence (or dried Italian seasoning)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp smoked capsicum powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 220° Celsius.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Soak breadcrumbs in milk (or water) for about 5 min.
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion. Cook until the onion turns golden/brown and tender. Let it cool down.
- Mix in a big bowl the cooked onions, garlic, meat, breadcrumb mixture and the rest of the ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Form meatballs, about 3 cm.
- Bake in oven until browned and cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Do not overmix the meat mixture. This can result in tough/dense meatballs.
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.