Couscous with Moroccan Ras el hanout
Steamed couscous with Moroccan Ras el hanout and veggies.
The star in this dish is absolutely the Ras el hanout. This spice blend is so flavorsome and gives such an exotic touch to the couscous. You will love it!
It’s also one of the best dishes to cook when you’re in a hurry or don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Within 30 minutes you can turn this beauty on the table.
I remember making this couscous for my mama. She bought some Moroccan Ras el hanout and didn’t know what to do with it. So I tightened my apron and started cooking.
I was ready within 30 minutes and couscous turned out really great! We’ve been to Middle East before and this dish definitely took us back.
I used the Ras el hanout (in the glass jar) from the supermarket Albert Heijn, because they have a great spice blend. But I guess that any Ras el hanout of your liking will do.
Start cooking and enjoy!
- 400 gr couscous
- 300 gr ground beef
- 1 big or two small onions
- 2 garlic
- 1 stock cube (beef)
- 1 big carrot or two small
- 1 zucchini
- 3 tbsp ras el hanout
- 4 full tbsp raisins
- Get 440 ml water to boil in a big stock pot.
- Add the couscous with the stock cube to the pot. Lower the heat to low and put the lid on the pan.
- Steam for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Put the raisins in a cup and add boiled water. Set aside.
- Chop the onion and cook in a skillet until transparent.
- Cut the carrot into thin rings and finely chop the garlic.
- Add the garlic and carrots to the onions, cook till tender.
- Cut the zucchini into half rings. Add to the onion mixture and cook for a couple of minutes until al dente.
- Turn to the raisins, drain the water and squeeze the raisins gently to get rid of remaining water.
- Add the raisins, meat and ras el hanout to the vegetables and cook till meat is cooked.
- Add the mixture to the steamed couscous and mix till combined.
Hi, and welcome!
I’m Jeanette, the blogger behind Lazy Home Cook.
Here I share all my delicious, easy
and family approved recipes with YOU.
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m happy you’re here.